Family Based Immigration

Family Based Immigration

At Isa Law, we believe that no one should ever be forced to grow up away from their family. That is why we work tirelessly to help U.S. citizens and permanent residents bring their loved ones into the country as family-based immigrants. We want to break down the barriers that keep families apart, and with a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck, reunite those who have been torn apart by our restrictive immigration system. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you bring your loved ones to the United States of America, please do not hesitate to contact us today at (305) 938-0676.

For most people, family is everything. Nothing can ever take its place, and leaving your loved ones behind should never be an option. Unfortunately, the U.S. immigration system often makes it extremely difficult for family-based immigrants to enter the country, with long wait times that can take years and even decades. While the United States does offer exceptions for victims of crime and extreme family hardships, these waivers often do not apply in a majority of situations.

At Isa Law, our goal is simple: to bring and keep families together. We want to make sure that every U.S. citizen and permanent resident is given the opportunity to bring their family members to this country, regardless of where they were born or what circumstance brought them here in the first place. We will guide you every step of the way through the family-based immigration process, so you can finally be reunited with your loved ones and call America your new home.


Immigration of Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents

If you are a U.S. citizen, it may be possible for certain family members to become lawful permanent residents. This is a two part process.

  • Step 1: You must file form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative). To file Form I-130, you must provide proof of your status as a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and that the person you are petitioning for meets the definition of an immediate family member.
  • Step 2: Your relative must apply for adjustment of status by filing form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status).


For U.S. citizens, you may file a petition for spouses, children (unmarried and younger than 21 years of age), adopted children, and even parents.

For lawful permanent residents, immediate family members refer to their spouses and children.

Fiancé(e) Visa (K-1 Visa)

A U.S. citizen can apply for their fiancé(e) to receive a K-1 visa to enter the U.S. and get married within 90 days of arrival, provided that they have met in person within two years before filing for the visa.

A fiancé(e) visa may be issued only if both parties are legally free to marry. Once the marriage takes place, the foreign-born spouse can apply for a green card based on that marriage.

Marriage Green Cards

If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you can apply for a marriage-based green card in the United States (even before leaving your home country). The same is true if you are legally married to a lawful permanent resident.

Marriage-based green cards may be requested either by filing for an immigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate or by filing for adjustment of status with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Spouses, parents, and children seeking to live in the United States; we’ve got you covered!
At ISA Law, we have the expertise and knowledge needed to make your immigration dreams a reality. Contact us for more information on naturalization procedures, or contact our immigration lawyers at (305) 938-0676 for more advice on citizenship.

Increase Your Chances of Family Visa Approval With Isa Law

At Isa Law, we have seen it all. No matter what your situation is or where you are from, we will use every resource available to help reunite you with your loved ones as soon as possible. Our immigration law firm has successfully represented clients all around the world, so we know what it takes to put your case in front of the right people and achieve a successful outcome.

Isa Law is your trusted advocate who will stand by your side throughout the entire family-based immigration process. We will walk alongside you every step of the way, including preparing every document you need for submission, representing you at all required interviews, and answering any questions or concerns that may arise along the way. We will handle all the nitty-gritty details so you can focus on what matters most: your family.

Contact us at 305-938-0676 and take the first step in the right direction towards a family reunion you have been longing for. Let us help you get started today!

Schedule Your Consultation*

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

*Payment in Advance is Required


Contact Us Today for More Info!


Miami Attorney
Isadora Velazquez, Esq.
AV Rated Board Certified Immigration Attorney

Contact Us

780 NW 42nd Ave, Suite 416

Miami FL 33126

Phone : 305-938-0676

Fax : 305-402-3992

Email :



Call Now Button