The E-2 visa, also known as the investor visa, is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to invest in and manage a business in the United States. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the requirements for obtaining an E-2 visa and how Isa Law Firm can help you navigate the process.
What is an E-2 Visa?
An E-2 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to come to the United States to invest in and manage a business. To qualify for an E-2 visa, the applicant must be a citizen of a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States.
Requirements for an E-2 Visa
To obtain an E-2 visa, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Investment: The applicant must have made a substantial investment in a business in the United States. The investment must be substantial in relation to the total cost of the business.
- Ownership: The applicant must have at least 50% ownership of the business, or possess operational control through a managerial position or other corporate role.
- Purpose: The business must be an active, for-profit enterprise that provides goods or services.
- Treaty: The applicant must be a citizen of a country that has a treaty of commerce and navigation with the United States.
- Intent: The applicant must have the intent to depart the United States upon the expiration or termination of the E-2 visa.
How Can Isa Law Firm Help You?
Navigating the requirements for an E-2 visa can be complex, and many applicants may benefit from the guidance of an experienced immigration attorney. At Isa Law Firm, our attorneys have a wealth of experience in assisting clients with their E-2 visa applications.
We can help you:
- Determine whether an E-2 visa is the right choice for your situation.
- Determine whether your business qualifies for E-2 status.
- Compile the necessary documentation and evidence to support your application.
- Assist in the preparation of the application and submission to USCIS.
- Respond to any questions or concerns raised by USCIS during the application process.
- Advise you on maintaining E-2 status and applying for extensions or changes of status.
The E-2 visa is a valuable option for foreign investors who want to invest in and manage a business in the United States. At Isa Law Firm, we have the experience and knowledge to help you navigate the complex requirements of the E-2 visa application process. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you obtain an E-2 visa and start your business in the United States.